Friday, January 18, 2008

Update on the plans

I did hear back from the organization this week. I had the e-mail address of someone who no longer works there. I went back to their website and saw a different name, and she responded not even one day after I sent the e-mail. I feel much better about the organization now, because I didn't want to face another instance where I was begging and no one was responding. Not only did I get a quick response, but the response gave all the information I needed and none of the "anything we can do to help" speech that sounds a little too overeager to me.

This weekend we're going to total the popcorn fundraiser and see how much we have. The first fees should be just about covered by now, which is a very good thought. I'm not sure when the second round of fees are due, but that's a big chunk of money so I've got to get started on the next fundraiser. We have one thing that we're going to list on ebay, but that's through one of the ebay retailers so our profit won't be quite as high as if we listed it ourselves. We're not ebay people by nature, so at least this experience will give us an idea of what it's about. If it's a little profitable, we may dig into some of our "collections" and see if there's more money there.

1 comment:

Julie said...

If the number of dead baseball players' cards cluttering up my house are any indication of the power of Ebay, you'll be all set LG!!! :)