Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 will be our year

Welcome to my Leap of Faith blog. I've been trying to adopt for over three years now. I've already had two "failed placements" (which we won't mention on this blog again, please), so now I'm trying to believe in this leap of faith thing.

I'm trusting that whatever His plans are for my family, there will be a clear direction for me to follow. I'm leaping and I'm trusting He will let me land in the right place.

The people in this adoption process will be known as:
  • Lucky Girl - That's me. Because I'm so lucky.
  • Lucky Boy - Because he's so lucky to have me. And he knows how lucky he is, because I tell him every chance I get.
  • Invisible Kid - Hopefully there will be a real name by the end of the year, even if it's just a blog name to preserve anonymity.
  • Grandma Cooey - That's my mom. For some reason, my sister decided to call her Cooey when she was younger, and that's the name that stuck for Grandma.
  • Aunt (my sister), Uncle #1 (Lucky Boy's older brother), and Uncle #2 (Lucky Boy's younger brother).
  • and of course - ALL THE CATS (we have three of them).

The adoption plan: hosting a child for the summer and hopefully pursuing her adoption, if things should work out right.

The timeline:

  • January through March - fundraising (hosting fees are over $1000)
  • April - hosting paperwork (including medical exams, fingerprinting, and homestudy)
  • May and June - more fundraising for the hosting agency
  • July - hosting (!!!!), which will hopefully lead to...
  • ...August - adoption paperchase (homestudy, dossier preparations)
  • ...September through December - the wait

WISH US LUCK!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you guys. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year...

Cheri said...

Lucky Girl, I do so hope that this is THE ONE!! I'll be following your story and cheering you along the way.

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

2008 will be it! You are lucky to have what you have in your life and so is he! I am lucky you are my friend.

I have a good feeling about this year!

Deb said...

I am praying and hoping that this is the one for you. I can't wait to follow the journey with you.

Love to you,
Deb

PS- may 2008 be the year all your dreams come true

Angel said...

OH WOW GIRL!!! I am so glad to hear this. YAY! Ummmm I am pretty sure I know who this is. I am right aren't I???? Hugs friend. I am so proud of you. Thanks for your sweet comment. Angel

HollyGee said...

I will be behind you all the way and help in any way that I can!!!

Sig said...

PUT A DONATE BUTTON ON YOUR BLOG, SILLY!!!!