Friday, February 22, 2008

Increasing the effort

I have a bunch of knit and crochet scarfs that I'm going to try and sell. Not "sell," per se, but more like bring in to work and ask for a donation. I used bits and pieces of yarn from leftover projects, or abandoned projects. I also inherited a lot of yarn when Lucky Boy's mother passed away, so I started to use that, too. I'll bring the scarves to work on Monday and take pictures of the ones that don't go at work and post them to this blog. None are very fancy, but every bit helps, right?

I also listed a bunch of books on Amazon. They were mostly textbooks and trade books from when I was in grad school. Considering I purchased a bunch on Amazon, I'm hoping that by listing them LOW I'll get some offers. Again, I'm not looking to make BIG money on anything, but if I sell the books I'll have more space in my house AND a few more dollars in the account.

I didn't get through the scrapbooking stuff yet, but it's still in my plans. And a sinus infection grounded me for most of the week, which is why I didn't mail any of the other things (today is a blizzard and I'm terrified to drive in any snow). Everything is in a nice little pile waiting to go to the post office, hopefully tomorrow if I can dig out.

Lucky Boy wants to go to some concerts this summer so he's putting his budget together for that. I usually go with him to concerts so he's not alone, but in truth I can take them or leave them. I think for every concert we don't go to, I'm going to put that money "in" the fundraising total. Tickets for The Police go on sale tomorrow. We saw them last year, but Lucky Boy really wants to go again. Good news - the concert is during the hosting experience so I definitely can't go, so I'll be updating our fundraising total as soon as we find out how much he spends on his one ticket. And Celine's concert, missing that will be a sacrifice so I'll definitely be adding the price of two tickets to the fundraising total. (I've already seen her in Vegas, the show is amazing and I so much would love to see her again, but I'd also love to add $300 to the fundraising total...)

1 comment:

Lucky Girl said...

I decided to not add the ticket prices to the fundraising total, since we wouldn't have done the concerts anyway. The Police ticket was $250 (you don't even want to know the argument that transpired when I found out how much he spent on ONE ticket, especially since we just saw The Police last summer), and Lucky Boy said he wouldn't go to Celine anyway. FWIW, LB did say that he would have gotten the $50 seats for us (lawn seats, yuck) if I were going, also. Which actually means it cost us an extra $150 for me NOT to go to the concert...