Friday, March 14, 2008

Quick update

I can't believe it's been ten days since I posted! Sorry.

We're trying to set priorities. NO, we don't really need to go to every concert and show that catches Lucky Boy's eye. We almost have the hosting fees covered, but we'll still have to pay for the homestudy AND for camp, and for any other expenses once she's here. Plus, after hosting, if we decide to adopt, we're going to need a lot more money. And if we decide to not adopt, we can still see most of the shows he wants to see anyway.

In the meantime, here's a list of things Invisible Kid doesn't need right now, so we didn't buy:
1. Season pass to a local water park - right now she gets in for free anyway since she's invisible.
2. New clothes, whether they are on sale or not - right now she can walk around naked and no one will notice, because she's invisible.
3. Games, using that "buy a bunch and get more for free" option at TRU - right now she has enough things to play with.
4. PlayStation. Sorry, Lucky Boy, but Invisible Kid does NOT need a $300 video game right now. And I doubt she'll need it for the summer, either.
5. Tickets to what looks to be a great concert at an outdoor venue. It may be too overwhelming for Invisible Kid when she gets here, and if she's still invisible on the day of the concert then we can get better seats for the same money.

I also want to publicly thank the blogger who got the quilling supplies I offered. She sent me a nice donation, which is so very much appreciated and totally unexpected. I really just wanted the supplies to go to a good home instead of the garbage (because I just never did get the hang of the gluing-it-all-togetber, but I always loved the look of quilled pieces). Thank you SO much!

I'm also adding to the thermometer our overtime pay and another book I sold on Amazon. I decided to sell the scarves I made and donate the money to another fundraiser at work instead.

No comments: